When it comes to horse riding, there are many different options.
Horse riders can enjoy trail riding or competition riding. No matter what type of riding you enjoy, there are certain manners you need to stick to. To have a great ride and be respectful to other riders, it is important to follow simple rules of etiquette. Below we will list the top six etiquettes one should follow when enjoying horse riding.
1. Trail Riding, when it comes to trail riding, there are certain etiquettes that should be followed. It is important to first make sure the trail you are riding is a horse trail. The trail should show a sign that has a horse on it which represents that the trail is, in fact, a horse trail.
2. It is also important to stay on the right side of the trail, no matter how wide the trail is. This will avoid accidents on the trail as well as head on collisions with riders coming back from a ride on the trail.
3. It is also important to remember that uphill traffic has the right of way. It does not matter if the traffic is other horsemen, a hiker or a biker, those who are traveling uphill have the right to go first.
4. Arena Etiquette, when it comes to arena riding, it is important to remember the Left shoulder to Left Shoulder rule. All riders in the arena should ride in the same direction but if this is not available then riders should follow this rule.
5. Riders should also remember to ride in the right position depending on their speed. Slow riders should ride on the inside of the track and fast riders should stick to the outside. This will help with traffic flow as well as to avoid accidents.
6. It is also important for riders in the arena to announce their intentions. Every rider should alert other riders in their vicinity of what they are about to do. If you are going to pass, announce your passage. If you are going to jump a fence, then announce the jump. If you are leaving the area or entering the area it is important to announce this as well. This allows for the safest riding experience for everyone in the arena.
No matter which type of riding you enjoy, it is important to follow the proper procedures. Learning the proper etiquette will make for a safer ride as well as an enjoyable experience. You can learn proper etiquette from an experienced rider or use the tips we listed above to help you follow the rules as well as create a safe environment for fellow riders. No matter what your age, it is never too late to earn the proper etiquette when it comes to horse riding.
This Blog Post is useful to those who Enjoy Horse Riding. Tail Wrap